Speaker & Chair Guidelines
Before the congress
To enable the staff to handle the technical aspects in an efficient way, all presentations should be prepared according to the guidelines below. It is essential that:
- the correct format is used
- the presentation be handed in on time at the Speaker Preview Room at least two hours before your presentation time.
Prepare and save it on a CD-ROM or USB memory stick (and as a backup, a 2nd USB memory stick or a laptop) and bring these with you to the Speaker Preview Room. Label the materials with your name, session name, session date and presentation name.
- Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2016 (*.ppt), OpenOffice / LibreOffice 1.0 – 4.0, PREZI or Adobe PDF to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC. If you use MS PowerPoint, we recommend that you save your PowerPoint presentation using .ppt-format and not .pps
- All presentations will be presented in 16:9. A 4:3 ratio is possible as well.
- Please use high contrast lettering and fonts with a minimum size of 32pt and high contrast layouts like light text on dark colours. Only fonts which are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows 10 will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- We recommend you make your slides as concise as possible by keeping texts short and avoiding too many bullet points.
- Please note that there will be NO overhead projectors or slide projectors in any of the session rooms.
Pictures and video
- Save the picture you want to use as a JPG or PNG and set compression/quality to medium or high. (Avoid saving your pictures as TIF files, especially MAC presentations).
- Because of the many different video formats, support cannot be guaranteed for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-4 and WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment will not be accepted.
- Save the pictures/ videos used in your presentation separately on USB memory stick. In case of problems we can re-insert the original items.
- In a general manner, be careful to respect author’s rights and persons anonymity.
ILTS Ethical Statement
The ILTS is an international society of transplant professionals and we support the international standards of informed, uncoerced, consent of organ donors and prohibitions on trafficking of organ donors for profit.
Live Interactive Features
Voting, Question & Answer
n.b, only applicable to sessions in Rooms: Congress Hall, Forum Hall and Meeting Hall 1
For this year’s ILTS congress, the congress host is happy to offer a web-based platform enabling delegates to actively participate in live voting’s and Q&A’s. This platform will allow audiences to answer questions asked by the presenter during his or her lecture and to send questions to the session moderator.
For this purpose, a smart solution has been created which is fully connected to our speaker management system as well as to the ILTS 2017 mobile application.
We would be pleased if you would like to make use of this new feature and to help with encouraging your audiences to participate in the live voting’s and Q&A’s by using their app.
Role of the Chair
As a chair, please find below some recommendations that should help you structure the session:
- Prior to the session - consider questions that you would ask the audience for poll/voting (see below)
- Welcome the audience
- Invite the audience to download the app from the IOS or Android App
- Explain the Live Interactive Features (see below)
- Explain the session structure
- Introduce the speakers
- Poll your audience before and after presentations (see below)
During the congress, all speakers* will be able to upload their presentations in the Speaker Preview Room and to integrate pre-defined questions by using a specific add-on customized for presentation formats. Get ready for audience interaction and live voting’s by following these 3 easy steps:
In preparation of the congress
- You can add up to 10 questions per presentation to your presentation slides; ideally 1 slide per question;
- Answer options should be included in the slide(s), but please make sure that each question does not have more than 6 answer options;
- Please keep both, questions and answer options as short as possible;
- All slides including voting questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15.05.2017. Please indicate time and room of your presentation and on which pages of the presentation the question(s) can be found.
Onsite at the congress
All speakers must check in at the Speaker Preview Room at least one day before their presentation where questions can be embedded by the Speaker Preview Room staff into the PowerPoint presentation of the presenting person.
During the session
- Once you present the voting system slide embedded in your PowerPoint presentation to the audience, the current question will be activated and the question will also appear in the ILTS 2017 app under “Voting”;
- The audience will be able to answer your question by using the congress app and questions and answers will appear on the screen of the room immediately*.
* To join live voting’s delegates are requested to download the ILTS 2017 congress app and to navigate to the module “Voting”
During the session, all delegates will be able to send questions to the session moderator by using the congress app. The moderator will receive these questions on a specific mobile device and he or she can then make use of all incoming questions during the Q&A slots. Question can only be sent after each presentation. For this purpose, an interface will appear in the app.
Day of your presentation
Speaker Preview Room
All speakers must check in at the Speaker Preview Room prior to their session, at least one day before their presentation.
The facilities in the Speaker Preview Room at the congress venue will provide the following possibilities:
- Reviewing your presentation
- Last minute changes to your presentation
- As sessions will be recorded, you will be asked to fill in the Agreement for Recording and diffusion on Internet form
- Expert advice by staff on the technical details of your presentation and the voting
- Uploading your presentation for the dedicated session room
The speaker preview room is located on the 2nd floor of the congress venue.
Opening Hours and location:
|Tuesday, May 23, 2017||15:00 – 18:00|
|Wednesday, May 24, 2017||09:00 – 19:00|
|Thursday, May 25, 2017||06:30 – 18:30|
|Friday, May 26, 2017||06:30 – 18:30|
|Saturday, May 27, 2017||06:30 – 13:00|
Check in at the Speakers Preview Room the day before your presentation time. The organizers cannot guarantee projection of presentations handed in later than a day prior to the sessions!
Each session room is equipped with the following items:
- Video beamer
- Lectern with microphone
- Laser pointer
- Laptop with operating system Windows 10 (English)
- Remote control for presentation
Be in the session room at least 10 minutes before the session starts to meet the chair of the session and familiarize yourself with the equipment in the session room.
Technical staff will be present to assist you.
An update of the scientific program can be found on the congress website http://2017.ilts.org/ including the dates and times of presentations.